There are a lot of environmental issues happening around the world, timber is getting burned, wildlife is being risked and contagion is hanging over humanity. As parents, we all are worried about how our children will grow up in this type of world, where all these environmental issues are arising. Our children need to know the truth about these issues because they are the future generations of tomorrow. At Brainy Stars International Montessori and School in Jayanagar encourage children to be kind to one another, and how to take care of our planet and animals, they also sharpen their minds. Brainy Stars International Montessori and School in Jayanagar, Bangalore helps children develop their interest in nature by taking them on a nature walk and talking to them about animals and plants where they live. Children are given an example of 3R’s (reduce, re-use, re-cycle) and they involve children in 3R’s activities. Well all of us are surrounded by nature in our daily lives, where there is a park to refresh our minds, a forest where wildlife live, water bodies and our garden at home. Schools educate the children about the current environmental issues, the Brainy Stars International Montessori and School feel that with the help of the children we can change the world with positive thoughts. Environmental education is needed for our children because they hold the power to make a difference.
- Be honest – Don’t try to cut the information by turning off the television or avoiding the topic in conversation. Instead,talk to your children about the environmental issues by playing and sharing articles and books.
- Use child-friendly language – Explain to children about the environment in simple language and it helps them to understand. Try to avoid complicated words that might confuse children to understand. Some of the important keywords that address environmental issues and need to discuss with our children are; climate change, pollution, over pollution etc. Some specific terms that fall under sustainable solutions are; eco-friendly, compost, recyclable, and renewable energy. At Brainy Stars International Montessori and School in 4th block Jayanagar, the above topics are included in various writing and debate competitions.
- Practice environmental sustainability in your daily life – At schools, they teach children properly how to recycle, compost, install these bins in houses and how to use reusable bottles etc. They try to implement 3R’s in all possible ways.
- Discuss, read, and research about environmental pollution and sustainability – Try to find out environmental-related books that have a positive message which can encourage children and insist on reading informative books.
- Be Patient – Be patient and allow your child to understand the environment and how to develop their interest in nature over a period of time. We should ensure that our environment should be secure for the future and involve our children in discussions and actions related to Mother Earth.
Our Brainies (students) not only understand the environmental issues but also work on it by planting and watering trees around for fresh oxygen and reduce pollution to an extent.
Brainy Stars International Montessori & School
Contact: 7338388817; 740601166